On Monday, Shares of Ericsson (ADR) (NASDAQ:ERIC), gained 1.63% to $9.99.
Ericsson, will hold its Capital Markets Day in Stockholm recently. The company will give an update on the progress of its Networked Society strategy, focusing on market development, growth agenda, and profitability.
Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, says: “We are ongoing our journey to transform Ericsson into a leading ICT player, building on our leadership in our core business and extending into targeted growth areas.”
The partnership with Cisco declared on November 9, targeting USD 1 billion or more in additional sales by 2018, will be talked about by Hans Vestberg and John Chambers, Executive Chairman, Cisco.
Hans Vestberg continues: “The partnership with Cisco is a key step forward in our company transformation and enables us to create unique value for our customers. Together, we will build on our longstanding technology and services leadership to define the networks of the future and accelerate realization of the Networked Society.”
Ericsson provides communications technology and services worldwide. The company’s Networks segment delivers products and solutions for mobile access, Internet protocol (IP) and transmission networks, core networks, and cloud.
Shares of AES Corp (NYSE:AES), declined -2.99% to $9.90, during its last trading session.
The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L), a partner of The AES Corporation (AES), is supporting the continued investment of Candle-lite in the Leesburg community with a $150,000 economic development grant in partnership with the Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth and JobsOhio.
“At DP&L, we believe one of our most important responsibilities is to support economic development. We take great pride in our community and DP&L is committed to the growth and prosperity of the entire region. Our Economic Development grants are one way we can assist and enhance the communities we serve,” said DP&L President and CEO Tom Raga.
Candle-lite, a CL Products Intl. LLC Company, is the oldest candle company in the United States and still manufactures all of its product line in Ohio. The Leesburg facility in Highland County produces two million candles a day.
“During our peak season, we employ over 600 people in our Leesburg facility,” said Calvin Johnston, CEO. “Our employees are the foundation of our success. Many of our employees have spent their entire career at Candle-lite and work beside second and third generation family members.”
The AES Corporation operates as a diversified power generation and utility company. It owns and/or operates power plants to generate and sell power to customers, such as utilities, industrial users, and other intermediaries. The company also owns and/or operates utilities to generate or purchase, distribute, transmit, and sell electricity to end-user customers in the residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental sectors; and generates and sells electricity on the wholesale market.
Finally, Shares of American Capital Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACAS), remained flat at $14.06.
American Capital, declared merged net operating income (“NOI”) before income taxes for the quarter ended September 30, 2015 of $108 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, an 8% annualized return on equity. Merged NOI after income taxes for the quarter ended September 30, 2015 was $75 million, or $0.28 per diluted share. Merged net loss for the quarter ended September 30, 2015 was $(37) million, or $(0.14) per diluted share. As of September 30, 2015, net asset value (“NAV”) per share was $20.44, a $0.09 per share improvement from the June 30, 2015 NAV per share of $20.35.
Q3 2015 MERGED FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- $20.44 NAV per share outstanding
- $0.09 per share improvement, or 2% annualized, over Q2 2015
- $0.40 NOI before income taxes per diluted share, or $108 million
- 18%, or $0.06 per diluted share, improvement over Q2 2015, or $11 million
- 67%, or $0.16 per diluted share, improvement over Q3 2014, or $42 million
- 0% annualized return on equity
- $0.28 NOI after income taxes per diluted share, or $75 million
- 17%, or $0.04 per diluted share, improvement over Q2 2015, or $8 million
- $(0.14) net loss per diluted share, or $(37) million
- $0.36 per diluted share, decline from Q2 2015, or $99 million
- $494 million of cash proceeds from realizations
- $262 million from Senior Floating Rate Loans (“SFRLs”)
- $691 million in new committed investments
- $223 million in Senior Floating Rate Loans
- Funded by drawing on a credit facility
- $177 million in Sponsor Finance Investments
- $147 million in Structured Products
- 7 million shares of American Capital common stock repurchased for $135 million
- 6% of shares outstanding as of June 30, 2015
- $13.82 average price per share
- $0.23 per share accretive to September 30, 2015 NAV per share
American Capital, Ltd. is a private equity and venture capital firm. It is a business development company specializing in administration and employee buyouts, subordinated debt, leveraged finance, mezzanine, acquisition, recapitalization, middle market, early venture, mature, industry consolidation, and growth capital investments. The firm seeks to invest in senior debt mezzanine, unitranche, and equity financing for buyouts of private equity firms and direct in private and public companies. It also invests in special situations and in government.